- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 3 months ago by DeviceLock.
December 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm #168DeviceLockGuest
– DeviceLock: New Content-Aware rule type ?Detection. Such rules do not allow
or deny the data transfer. The data stream is analyzed and it will only log or
alert special informational events if matched content is found in the data
stream. In most cases, the processing of these rules is made asynchronously
and data transfer performs faster for endpoint users (compared to Permissions
– DeviceLock: There are two new user pop-up messages: “Devices blocked read
message” and “Devices blocked write message”. These messages are shown when
respective read or write attempts are blocked by both implied and explicit
– DeviceLock: DeviceLock Enterprise Server now able to install, update and
uninstall DeviceLock Service on remote computers using Monitoring feature.
– DeviceLock: DeviceLock Enterprise Server and DeviceLock Content Security
Server automatically add and remove themselves to Windows Firewall exclusion
list when installed or uninstalled.
– DeviceLock: Added support for shadow copying of files written to TS Devices ?
Mapped drives. Content Aware Rules for shadow copy operations are also
– DeviceLock: There are two new fields in Shadow Log Viewer: “File Type” and
“Protected”. File type displays the real type of the file in the shadow log
based on its signature. Protected field contains information about protection
methods for password-protected or encrypted files.
– DeviceLock: It is now possible to view the list of attachments (the name and
size of attached file/s) for MAPI, SMTP, IBM Notes and Web Mail shadow copies
using “View attachments” contextual menu item in the Shadow Log Viewer for
DeviceLock Service and DeviceLock Enterprise Server in DeviceLock Management
Console and the Shadow Log Viewer in the DeviceLock Enterprise Manager
– DeviceLock: Added new audit log report: “DeviceLock policy changes”. It shows
all granular policy changes, the time the change was made and the name of user
who made the change.
– DeviceLock: DeviceLock Tray Notification Utility now able to show history of
all shown notifications.
– DeviceLock: Added new DeviceLock Enterprise Server parameter: “Session volume
limit for data collection (MB)”. Using this option, administrators can limit
the volume of data collected from DeviceLock Service for each data collection
session. DeviceLock Enterprise Server will only transfer from managed
endpoints the volume of data specified in this parameter and then move this
endpoint to the end of the queue to collect the remaining data later. This
option is designed to prevent endpoints with large amounts of shadow data from
delaying the timely collection of data from other endpoints.
– DeviceLock: Added new SMTP alert feature variable: “%COMP_IP%”. This optional
variable returns a comma-delimited list of all network addresses (IPs)
associated with an endpoint.
– DeviceLock: Improved performance for Removable devices when Content-Aware
Rules and Shadowing settings for Removable are set.
– DeviceLock: DeviceLock has been enhanced to be compatible with Citrix XenApp /
– DeviceLock: Enhanced audit action by eliminating redundant audit notifications
when Content-Aware Rules block “TS Devices ?Clipboard” operations that
include “text” and “images”.
– DeviceLock: Improved Type and Reason specification when auditing Insert
actions for whitelisted USB devices.
– DeviceLock: Improved notification algorithm for “Protocols blocked message”
and “Basic IP Firewall blocked message” to suppress redundant and duplicated
– DeviceLock: Resolved issue that caused DeviceLock notification messages
(“USB/FireWire blocked message”, etc? not to pop-up when a user was not
– DeviceLock: Resolved issue that caused “USB/FireWire blocked message” not to
show when a blocked USB or FireWire device was inserted.
– DeviceLock: Improved compatibility with third-party software products:
Infocage FileShell, AVAYA meeting, Trend Micro OfficeScan 11.0, GoToMeeting,
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
– The user manual has been significantly updated for easier overall reference
and to include information about all new v8.1 features.
– NetworkLock: Added new File Sharing protocol control services: iCloud and
Cloud Mail.ru. When using iCloud Mail, outgoing email messages are intercepted
and controlled by POST Requests permission.
– NetworkLock: Added new protocol: “IBM Notes” for handling IBM Domino email
transactions via NRPC protocol using the IBM Notes (formerly Lotus Notes)
client. “IBM Notes” supports blocking, allowing, auditing, alerting, shadowing
and content analysis separately for outgoing messages and file attachments as
well as auditing, alerting, shadowing and content analysis (for contingent
shadowing) for incoming messages and file attachments.
– NetworkLock: Added new protocol: “Torrent”. “Torrent” control supports
contextual blocking, allowing, auditing, alerting for connections established
by torrent-clients with their servers and peers.
– NetworkLock: Added new protocol: “WhatsApp Web”. “WhatsApp Web” control
supports contextual blocking, allowing, auditing and alerting for connections
established by browsers with WhatsApp Web service site.
– NetworkLock: Enhanced Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Yandex.Disk
and Rusfolder File Sharing web service controls.
– NetworkLock: Enhanced Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA), Yahoo! Mail,
AOL Mail, Rambler Mail, GMX.de and web.de Web Mail controls.
– NetworkLock: Enhanced Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Disqus,
LiveJournal, Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki and XING Social Network controls.
– NetworkLock: Enhanced Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2016 MAPI control.
– NetworkLock: Enhanced controls for Skype and Microsoft Outlook when respective
application executable file is renamed or modified.
– NetworkLock: Expanded the “Intercept MS Lync connections” Security Settings
parameter to include Skype for Business 2015 network communications.
– NetworkLock: Improved support for Google web services when using Chrome
browser and other browsers based on Chromium.
– NetworkLock: Removed support for the RapidShare File Sharing protocol control
due to the closure of their web service.
– ContentLock: Enhanced “Add Rule” dialog. Now it is possible to select device
types (or protocols) and see actions available for all selected devices (or
protocols). In resulting rule, only the actions applicable for particular
device type (or protocol) are effective.
– ContentLock: Enhanced logic for Allow Shadowing rules when applying them to
containers (archives or Microsoft Office documents).
– ContentLock: Enhanced support for extraction of PDF files and “ArcText”
elements from AutoCAD drawings.
– ContentLock: “Text extraction not supported” option in Document Properties
rule group can now be used to allow multi-volume archive transfers.
– ContentLock: Fixed issue that caused “Less than” condition for “File size”
parameter of “Document Properties” rule group to work incorrectly.
– ContentLock: Added regular expression validator “Credit Card Number (Diners
Club Carte Blanche)”.
– ContentLock: Added new pattern and validator: “Japan: Social Security and Tax
– ContentLock: Enhanced OCR functionality.
– ContentLock / Search Server: Enhanced support for text extraction from .doc,
.pdf, .rar, .docx, .xlsx, .msg, .one, .pages files.
– ContentLock / Search Server: ContentLock and Search Server are now able to
derive text and images from encrypted PDF files if the type of encryption in
the file is one of the following: 40-bit RC4, 128-bit RC4, 128-bit AES and
256-bit AES, and the file permissions do not disable text extraction.
– ContentLock / Discovery: Enhanced “Document Properties” ?”Modified” Control.
– Search Server: New feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The use of
the OCR technology allows the extraction of text from images (such as scanned
documents, screen shots, etc.) for further indexing by Search Server. The
built-in OCR supports the following languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian,
Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian,
Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese,
Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. The
following image files are supported for OCR processing: BMP files, Dr. Halo
CUT files, DDS files, EXR files, Raw Fax G3 files, GIF files, HDR files, ICO
files, IFF files (except Maya IFF files), JBIG files, JNG files, JPEG/JIF
files, JPEG-2000 files, JPEG-2000 codestream files, KOALA files, Kodak PhotoCD
files, MNG files, PCX files, PBM/PGM/PPM files, PFM files, PNG files,
Macintosh PICT files, Photoshop PSD files, RAW camera files, Sun RAS files,
SGI files, TARGA files, TIFF files, WBMP files, XBM files, and XPM files.
– Search Server: Improvements in overall server service stability.
– Discovery: DeviceLock Discovery now able to scan local synchronization folders
of cloud-based file hosting applications. The following services are
supported: Amazon Cloud Drive, Box, Cloud Mail.ru, Copy, Dropbox, Google Drive,
iCloud, MediaFire, OneDrive, SpiderOak, SugarSync, Yandex.Disk. Discovery
Agent automatically detects all synchronization folders on computer for
selected services and performs scanning and configured Discovery actions for
files stored in these folders.
– Discovery: The DeviceLock Discovery Server now supports scanning for
“Predefined” paths while in agentless mode.